Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Meteor Shower


I again woke in the middle of the night, at about 3 am with those all too familiar pangs of anxiety after i dreamt of a meteor shower raining down upon my home.
My husband, son, a friend of his and i were in the living room of our home and I was looking out the window. It was night and from the sky i seen a slew of meteors slowly headed towards the house. I watched as one came barreling through the wall and nearly took out my son. I grabbed my children and took them into the back room of the basement. I came back upstairs and my husband was using the fire extinguisher to blow out any fire from the meteor. I looked out the window and seen a TON of them all over the yard. There were trees knocked down in the yard and across the river and smoke from some that had burned what it hit.

Husband
To see your husband in your dream, signifies the waking relationship with your husband and the unconscious feelings you have towards him. The dream may be trying to focus on hidden elements that you are not addressing in your waking life.

Son
To see your son in your dream, signifies your ideal, hopes, potential, and the youthful part of yourself. On the other hand, to see your son in your dream may not have any significance and is simply mirroring your waking life. The dream may also be a pun on "sun".

Friend
To see friends in your dream, signify aspects of your personality that you have rejected, but are ready to incorporate and acknowledge. The relationships you have with those around you are important in learning about yourself. Alternatively, dreaming of a friend, indicates positive news.

Living Room
To dream that you are in the living room, represents the image that you portray to others and the way which you go about your life. It is representative of your basic beliefs about yourself and who you are. Alternatively, the living room is indicative of your freedom and space. The living room is a symbolic boundary between your personal self and your public self. Objects that do not belong in the living room denote the various aspects of your life that are invading your personal space.

Window
To dream that you are looking out the window, signifies your outlook on life, your consciousness and your point of view. It also refers to your intuition and awareness. You may be reflecting on a decision. Or you need to go out into the larger world and experience life. If you are looking in the window, then it indicates that you are doing some soul searching and looking within yourself. It is time for some introspection. To see another face in the window in your dream, suggests that you are feeling emotionally distant and physically detached. Also consider the emotion depicted on the face.
Night
To have a dream that takes place at night, represents some major setbacks and obstacles in achieving your goals. You are being faced with an issue that is not so clear cut. Perhaps, you should put the issues aside so you can clear your head and come back to it later. Alternatively, night may be synonymous with death, rebirth, reflection, and new beginnings.

Sky
To dream that the sky is falling, represents your fear of the unknown. You feel that your hopes and dreams have been shattered. Perhaps you have been too idealistic and the dream is an attempt to bring you back to reality.
To dream that something is falling out of the sky, signifies your pessimistic attitude. You are losing perspective on a situation. If the object is getting closer and casting a shadow on you, then it indicates that you are being ignorant about some situation. You need to get out from under the shadow and gain a different perspective on things.
Meteor
To see a meteor in your dream, suggests that you will experience success in a project. You are on your way toward realizing your goals and desires. Alternatively, the meteor refers to wishful thinking and idealistic thoughts.

To see a meteor shower in your dream, signifies romantic thoughts and idealistic notions.
Slow Motion
To dream that you are moving in slow motion, suggests that you are feeling powerless, anxious or frustrated. You are currently going through a hard time in your waking life and experiencing tremendous stress, which is almost immobilizing you.

Basement
To dream that you are in a basement, symbolizes your unconscious mind and intuition. The appearance of the basement is an indication of your unconscious state of mind and level of satisfaction.  It represents primal urges, animalistic desires and basic needs. The dream may also be metaphor for "abasement" or being "debased". Are you feeling humbled or unworthy?

To dream that the basement is in disarray and messy, signifies some confusion in which you need to sort out. These are things that you have "stored" away or put aside in your mind because you do not know what to do with it or you do not have the time to deal with it. It may also represent your perceived faults and shortcomings.
Fire Extinguisher
To see or use a fire extinguisher in your dream, suggests that you are trying to get your emotions under control. Alternatively, the dream means that you need to let go of whatever anger you are still holding on to.

Backyard
To dream about your backyard, represents your childhood memories or your unconscious. Alternatively, dreaming of your backyard, refers to the secrets you are keeping. There are some aspects of your life which you want to keep hidden and out of the view of others. The dream also represents some aspect of your life that you have taken for granted. Consider also the phrase "not in my backyard." In other words, everything is okay as long as it does not happen to you or occur in your own home. The condition of the yard is also symbolic of how well you maintain and balance aspects of your life.

Trees
To see a falling tree in your dream, means that you are feeling off balance and out of sync. Perhaps, you are off track and headed in the wrong direction.
Smoke
To see smoke in your dream, indicates some sort of trouble that is entering your life. You are suffering from confusion and anxiety. In particular, if the smoke is black, then it means that you are not seeing some situation or problem clearly.


I am honestly not sure where to go with this dream. I have has A LOT of dreams that i was in the basement at some point durring the dream. This one i was finding refuge in the basement from the falling meteors. In which this case the meteors were falling slowly towards the house and have a positive representation....
Maybe what i have for hopes and dreams are coming on slowly? I have to be patient and get everything else in my life in balance and secure before i can move on to these dreams and idealistic hopes?
The beginning of the dream with my family and i in the living room i feel represent my husband and my relationship. His friend is representing the relationship i would like to have with my husband. My son, representing my hopes. I was then looking out the window and noticed the meteors showering down upon the house. I ten took refuge in the basement. I often do take refuge in my own thoughts and conscious, especially when i blog. When i came back upstairs my husband was using the extinguisher, is there anger i have to let go of between my husband and i? I again looked out the window into the back yard and it was destroyed with meteors and fallen trees. Which is where i feel i am. My backyard is destroyed, i feel like my life was demolished when Stella died, and in many way it surely was and still is in pretty bleak shape. To end the dream with seeing the smoke from the trees and meteors doesnt look to good and that sucks. i sure hope there is NO MORE trouble entering into my life at this time. I cant handle anymore crap.

2 comments:

  1. I dreamed about. My mom woke me up ay 4 in the morning and told me to look at the window. I opened my window and there was 2 moons, one full and one half. Then my dad came in my room and we all stared at the moon. But the full moon was getting bigger and bigger until like an asteroid or one of those giant rocks from outer space came crashing down. I ran to my bathroom to get ready because we wanted to go see it but suddenly there was more rocks falling but it felt more like war and it was near my house and I had to stay in the bathroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol four years late but I've had a similar dream, where I was looking out my bedroom window and I saw a moon the size of a planet just kind of blocking out the night sky and I was quite terrified and intrigued at the same time. My dad came in and we were just watching it for some time.

    ReplyDelete