Friday, February 18, 2011

Trio of Dreams


Last night i had a few dreams that i remembered bits and pieces of. The first was of a concert, that is all i remembered from it. Later i found my self at my friend Jackie's house. I have this particular home in my dreams A LOT. I was there and trying to fix the door which was broken off of the hinges. Her oldest brother came home with a toaster and gram crackers on a plate he put them on the counter said something and left. When he left the plate was empty. 
I woke up in the middle of the night after this dream and got my water, used the restroom and went back to sleep. I had a hard time falling back to sleep.
The last dream i remember before waking this morning was of another concert. I was in Sweden i guess and we were on top of this hill. It was concrete and had very odd benches all along the top. They were green, wavy like and close together. I was watching 2 men, dressed in black, try to walk along the top of these benches and fall and hit their faces on them over and over. One man was carrying a shovel. I thought to myself " Why don't they just walk down the isles inbetween?"  
Suddenly I was then at the other end of the benches and there were people, many elderly people all getting ready to watch a concert, it was daytime through out each of these dreams. My sisters Korin and Karie were there as well as my mother. I was telling them about a few concerts i was planning on attending that year. One of the elderly women was near by and told me how nice that was. My sister Korin then gave me a hug and a kiss. She turned and started adjusting the buckles on Addison's umbrella stroller as she was in it.  Then we were talking about tattoos. I had a very large leg piece that included Stella's name, some roses and one star. It wrapped all around my left calf. I could stretch my skin so that it enveloped Stella's name. The last thing i remember is being in a bright white room, where everything in the room was white. I remember the sun shining into the windows and there were white curtains blowing in the breeze. I woke up thinking about the tattoo and wondering why i would put Stella's name on both of my calves, although i hadn't got her name yet at all.

Concert~ To dream that you are at a concert, represents harmony and cooperation in a situation or relationship in your waking life. You are experiencing an uplift in your spirits.
* Well i sure hope so! Maybe this has to do with Matt and i agreeing about my quitting my prior job.

Door~To dream that you are entering through a door, signifies new opportunities that are presented before you. You are entering into a new stage in your life and moving from one level of consciousness to another. In particular, a door that opens to the outside, signifies your need to be more accessible to others, whereas a door that opens into the inside, denotes your desire for inner exploration and self-discovery. To see an opened door in your dream, symbolizes your receptiveness and willingness to accept new ideas/concepts. In particular, to see a light behind the door, suggests that you are moving toward greater enlightenment/spirituality.
*I wonder what it may represent when i am trying to fix the door?

Toaster~To see a toaster in your dream, suggests that you are quick witted and quick-thinking. It refers to your continuous flow of ideas.

Crackers~To see or eat a cracker in your dream, suggests that you tend to care for the needs of others before your own. You spend your time looking after other people and as a result, neglect your needs. The dream may also be a pun on "crack her". Perhaps you are trying to get someone to reveal certain information or secrets.

Plate~To see a plate in your dream, symbolizes your hunger for life. You are showing potential and promise for the future. The dream may be a symbol that you have too much on your plate. If the plate is empty in your dream, then it indicates that there is an emotional void in your waking life. You may be feeling left out. Alternatively, it suggests that you need to rethink your priorities.

Hill~To dream that you are climbing a hill, signifies your struggles in achieving a goal. You need to focus your energies on the prize. To dream that you are standing on top of a hill, suggests that you have succeeded in your endeavors. You have the necessary resources to complete the task at hand.

*Maybe i have the resources but i doubt i have "achieved" any goals i am struggling with right now.  I wonder what it means if the concert is at the bottom of the hill and im atop it? Maybe its my unconscious mind thinking about Alpine Valley, because that is how its set up?

Benches~ To see or sit on a bench, signifies your tendency to procrastinate and put things aside. It also suggests that you often take on a passive role instead taking initiative.

Men~To see men in your dream, represent an authoritative figure or a father figure. If you are a woman and dream that you are in a room full of men, then it highlights the masculine aspect of yourself. The dream forces you to acknowledge your authoritative and aggressive side. Consider also how the men are dressed as this will provide a clue as to what area in your life you need to assert more power.

Shovel~To see a shovel in your dream, suggests that you are seeking knowledge, insight, and inner intellect. You are on a quest for a new understanding of your true Self. Alternatively, a shovel means that you are trying too hard in finding the truth to a problem.

*Maybe all of these are tied together into one... The benches being in a wavy pattern may suggest the patterns of my grief. And when i try to hard to walk on top of that i stumble and fall. Maybe the men in my dream represent the side of me that is trying to take on too much and i am falling and getting hurt. Maybe i need to walk beside my grief for awhile and not try to stay on top of it. The shovel ties this together for me. I am trying too hard to find the answer as to why this happened, when in fact i will never know and ill keep getting hurt trying.

Old People~To see something old in your dream, suggests that there is something in your life that you need to replace or get rid of. Alternatively, the dream means that there may be something in the past that you need to incorporate into your current life.
 To see people you don't know in your dream, denotes hidden aspects of yourself that you need to confront or acknowledge.

Daytime/Afternoon~To dream of the afternoon time, suggest that it is time to put your energies to good use. Draw and learn from your past experiences and lessons. Alternatively, it symbolizes clarity to a situation.

Sisters~To see your sister in your dream, symbolizes some aspect of your relationship with her, whether it one of sibling rivalry, nurturing, protectiveness, etc. Your sister may draw attention to your family role. Or the dream may also serve to remind you that someone in your waking life has characteristics similar to your sister. Alternatively, your sister may be a metaphor for a nun. In this case, she may represent some spiritual issues.

Mother~To see your mother in your dream, represents the nurturing aspect of your own character. Mothers offer shelter, comfort, life, guidance and protection. Some people may have problems freeing themselves from their mothers and are thus seeking their own individuality and development. To dream that you are having a conversation with your mother, denotes a matter that has preoccupied your mind and you are not sure how to deal with it in your waking life. It indicates unresolved problems that need to be worked out with your mother.

Hug and Kiss~To dream that you are hugging someone, symbolizes your loving and caring nature. You are holding someone or something close to your heart. Alternatively, it may indicate your need to be more affectionate.To dream of a kiss, denotes love, affection, tranquility, harmony, and contentment.

Tattoo~To dream that you have tattoos, represent your sense of individuality and the desire to stand out in a crowd. You want to be unique and different from everybody else, particularly if you do not have any tattoos in real life. Consider also what the tattoo is and what significance it has in your life. It may represent something that has left a lasting impression on you. Alternatively, to dream that you have a tattoo, suggests that a waking situation or decision is having a much longer lasting effect that you had expected.

Bright White Room~To dream that you are in an empty white room, indicates a fresh start. It is like a blank canvas where you want to start life anew. Alternatively, the dream means that you are trying to isolate yourself. You do not want any outside influences.

Sun~ To see the sun in your dream, symbolizes peace of mind, enlightenment, tranquility, fortune, goodwill, and insight. It also represents radiant energy and divine power. Generally, the sun is a good omen, especially if the sun is shining in your dream.

My dreams are obviously centered around the spiritual aspect of what is happening in my life right now. Recovering from my grief and loss of my daughter and trying to rediscover myself and the spirituality. I will most likely come back to this dream and read through this all again and comment more later...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is a really cool interpretation! I can definately see a lot of YOU in these different aspects. I wish I could remember more of my dreams like I used to... if I do, you will have to help me figure them out! Love this new blog, too :)

    ReplyDelete